Broomley is a very popular village school for 4-9 year olds located in Stocksfield, Northumberland. The school is set within a beautiful Victorian building, with a large playground, garden area (with fire pit for our forest school activities) and access to sports fields. We benefit from a large sports hall, separate dining hall and enjoy traditional classrooms. Within our school grounds we also accommodate Mid Tyne Kids Club, who provide excellent wrap around care for our children and holiday care during school breaks.
The school is divided into five single-age classrooms, with classes from reception to year 4. Although we do not have our own nursery provision in school, we do have a privately managed Pre-School, Broomley Pre-School, on site. They have provision for three to four year olds and work closely with the school to carefully manage transition and care.
All of our classes are taught by teachers that are highly qualified and skilled at their role, in addition, most of our classes also benefit from a class teaching assistant or Early years support.
As well as our core staff, we also have:
- professional coaches to teach our PE lessons,
- external music teachers that teach whole class ukulele, recorder or flute.
- Individual music teachers that provide optional guitar, keyboard and drumming lessons,
- 3 fully trained Forest School Teachers who deliver weekly lessons to all pupils up to year 2 and specialist weeks for those pupils in key stage 2.
- Specialist Support assistants trained in yoga for schools and wellbeing and mindfulness.
- Support staff specifically trained in support.
After completing their time at Broomley, our children progress to Ovingham Middle School and then to Prudhoe High School. These are two of the 9 schools that along with ourselves, form Tyne Community Learning Trust - a multi academy trust made up of 9 local schools - all within the three tier system.